Monday, September 13, 2010

Another Blog on Social Media?

Kind of. Well, technically, yes. But this blog, unlike the many blogs on social media out there, is a journey in learning about social media. When I look at other blogs on Social Media, they are mostly "May my words be the end all and be all of successful Social Media execution". Mine is more, "May your comments lead me to understand more about this vast and overwhelming space".

I'm an MBA student at Boston College, and while I am concentrating in Brand Management and have studied social media from a theoretical standpoint, the execution, quite frankly, is daunting. So as part of an assignment for our MI621: Social Media for Managers course, here is my first venture into a blog...soon to be followed by my first venture into Twitter (follow me: MBAMLo), FourSquare, and other social media sites I've probably been avoiding (another one I have to update?!).

So join me - maybe you've been a bit overwhelmed and we can face the beast together, or maybe you can just get me as pumped as you are! Either way, it should be a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment